TyreLife Solutions is the only company in South Africa with warrantied conviction on their entire range of Cooper and Mickey Thompson tyres*. Consumers receive a mileage warranty and a two year protection plan against irreparable damage caused by a penetration or pothole, when 4 or more tyres are purchased and wheel alignment is completed at the time of fitment. The tyres must be registered online either by the dealer in the store or directly by the purchaser. The registration documents must be submitted to TyreLife Solutions within 5 days from date of purchase.
Terms and conditions apply, so make sure you read and follow them carefully.
* Excluding the extreme off-road Mickey Thompson Baja Boss
AVAILABLE ONLY FROM A TYRELIFE DYNAMIX DEALER
Consumers purchasing 1, 2 or 3 tyres from a TyreLife Dynamix Dealer will receive a two year protection plan against irreparable damage caused by a penetration or pothole. The tyres must be registered online only by the dealer in the store. The registration documents must be submitted to TyreLife Solutions within 5 days from date of purchase.
These important factors will help to extend life, efficiency and performance of your tyres:
- Correct inflation pressure
- Regular rotation, balancing and alignment
- Attend to any mechanical faults on your vehicle
- Good driving habits.
With Cooper and Mickey Thompson you can push your adventurous spirit to the max, because now you can really go anywhere and know you’re covered.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The TyreLife Mileage Warranty and Protection Plan is issued by TyreLife Solutions, the exclusive Southern African distributor of Cooper and Mickey Thompson tyre branded products.
TYRELIFE MILEAGE WARRANTY AND PROTECTION PLAN GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The TyreLife Mileage Warranty and Protection Plan:
- Is valid in South Africa, Swaziland, Namibia and Botswana.
- Applies only to Cooper or Mickey Thompson branded tyres and will be honoured at Cooper or Mickey Thompson dealerships.
- Is only valid if all registration details are fully completed online and supplied to TyreLife Solutions within 5 working days from the date of invoice. The purchaser will receive confirmation of registration by email or SMS within 10 working days.
- Is not transferrable upon sale of the vehicle.
- Requires the purchaser to rotate, balance and align the tyres on or before every 8 000kms after fitment, at a Cooper or Mickey Thompson dealer and complete the tyre maintenance record supplied with the registration confirmation. All invoices for tyre maintenance must be retained by the purchaser as proof.
- The vehicle’s tyre pressure must be checked regularly according to the vehicle manufacturer specifications. Use of over or under inflated tyres will void the TyreLife Mileage Warranty and Protection Plan.
- The TyreLife Mileage Warranty and Protection Plan is not valid if the tyre’s serial or date of manufacture number is cut or buffed.
- TyreLife Solutions is not responsible for incorrect fitting or incorrect application of tyres – in these cases the purchaser must seek recourse from the dealer where the tyre was purchased.
- The warranty is limited to 10 years from date of manufacture.
- This warranty does not cover tyres that become unserviceable due to:
- Incorrect usage, vandalism, damage caused by an accident, mechanical defects and/or driver abuse.
- Damage resulting from improper installation, wheel misalignment, or tyre/wheel assembly imbalance.
- Damage resulting from consumer damage, such as improper tyre and vehicle maintenance or tyre misuse.
- Damage resulting from under or over inflation.
- Vehicles used in any commercial or racing application.
- Ozone or weather cracking on tyres over four (4) years from date of purchase.
- Tread wear less than the legal limit as specified by the National Roads Act 93 of 1996.
- TyreLife Solutions reserves the right to withdraw the TyreLife Mileage Warranty and Protection Plan on future purchases.
- TyreLife Solutions reserves the right to cancel the TyreLife Mileage Warranty and Protection Plan without prior notice, notwithstanding existing registrations.
- TyreLife Solutions reserves the right to remove any tyre pattern or tyre size from this programme without prior notice.
MILEAGE WARRANTY SPECIFIC TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The mileage warranty is only valid provided four (4) or more tyres are purchased simultaneously and are at all times fitted to the same vehicle.
- It is compulsory that wheel alignment is conducted at the time of fitment.
MILEAGE WARRANTY ENTITLEMENT
Should the tyre/s not achieve the specified mileage, providing the warranty terms and conditions have been met, a qualifying claim should be submitted to an authorised distributor/dealer for assessment.
An adjustment will be made on the replacement cost of the next purchase of an equivalent new tyre of the same brand and for the same vehicle. The replacement cost adjustment will be determined by dividing the current selling price of the replacement tyre (excluding any levies, VAT, fitment or balancing) by the warranted mileage i.e. specified kms and multiplying the result by the number of kilometres not achieved. This rand value will be deducted from the price of the new tyre.
The original purchaser must present supporting documentation including original tyre invoice and tyre maintenance invoices as stipulated in the terms and conditions.
Compensation for unachieved kilometres will be calculated based on the current selling price and a pro rata discount will be awarded on the next Cooper or Mickey Thompson tyre purchase. The cost of fitting, balancing, alignment and other services on original and replacement tyres are for the purchasers account.
Consumers must not drive with less than the legal tread limit (as specified in the National Roads Act of 1996).
TYRELIFE PROTECTION PLAN SPECIFIC TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This protection plan applies for (2) two years from the invoice date of the tyres. The Protection Plan was extended on 1 April 2019 and only after this date does a registration qualify for the extended second year.
- All Cooper and Mickey Thompson branded tyres will be replaced if irreparably damaged by a tyre penetration caused by glass, rocks, metal or wood or damage caused by impact with a pothole.
- The cover is only valid for the replacement of a tyre that has suffered irreparable damage. No other resultant damage from the event to any persons or property including third parties are the responsibility of TyreLife Solutions.
- This tyre Protection Plan is void if the tyres have not been adequately maintained as per the General Terms and Conditions.
TYRELIFE PROTECTION PLAN CLAIM PROCEDURE
- The purchaser must submit a claim at a Cooper or Mickey Thompson Dealer
- The dealer will inspect the tyre for the cause of the damage and consider whether the damage is irreparable.
- If the tyre damage is irreparable the dealer will measure the remaining tread, complete the Cooper or Mickey Thompson tyre claim form online and submit to TyreLife Solutions with photographic support and or evidence for approval.
- The damaged tyre must be replaced with a new equivalent Cooper or Mickey Thompson tyre.
- The compensation that the purchaser receives is calculated by measuring the remaining tread that cannot now be used.
- The cost of fitting, balancing, alignment and VAT on the replacement tyre/s is for the purchaser’s account.
- TyreLife Solutions shall advise the dealer within 7 days of receipt of the completed claim submission of the acceptance or rejection of the claim.
- On 1 April 2019 the Protection Plan was extended to 2 years. This extension does not apply to tyres registered before this date.